VENICE: Carnevale di Venezia
8 DAYS // JAN 30 – FEB 6, 2016
Join Mirjam Evers to "Carnevale di Venezia” in Italy, an annual festival famous for incredible pageantry, costumes and masks. Dating back to the middle of the 12th century, the festival is steeped with tradition and features nightly entertainment and awe-inspiring masked parades filled with musicians, acrobats and theatre troupes. Our Hotel Colombina is located no more than 100 steps from the famous Piazza San Marco (Saint Mark’s Square), the heart of Venice and of its major attractions.
Boasting extraordinary architecture from the 16th and 17th centuries, 150 canals and 400 bridges, Venice is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Participants on this trip of a lifetime will come away with a varied portfolio featuring dramatic street photography and beautiful portraits of models in full carnival costume.
Our workshop provides unique opportunities for participants to get away from the "cliché" scenes of Venice to photograph in some of the best-kept secrets of the city.
- Three private model shoots with masked models who we have become friends with over the years
- Day trip with costumed models to Burano, an island situated 7km from Venice, well known for its brightly painted houses.
- An enchanting boat tour - glide through the beauty, elegance and charms of centuries old history and tradition experienced by Venetian locals
- Photograph historic St. Mark’s Square, including the Doge's Palace, a beautiful Gothic building that used to be the home of the Venetian magistrates
- Photograph places like Rialto Bridge at sunset and little unknown streets where we will have private photo shoots with models
- Our final dinner is a masked dinner, the perfect way to end our wonderful trip
- Camera settings
- Location lighting: how to use a Quadra Elinchrom pack, soft boxes and gels
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash and multiple flash set ups
- How to tell a story with your images
- How to pose and photograph models
- With the most engaging and inspiring backdrops in Venice, you will learn composition techniques that will take your photography to the next level