Thailand & Cambodia
10 DAYS // Nov 9 – 19, 2017
Explore the fascinating culture of Thailand and Cambodia on this comprehensive Quest, which takes you from bustling Bangkok to the remote hill tribes, including the Black Hamong, Lisu and the famous Karen Long Neck tribe in Northern Thailand.
In Thailand, photograph the Loy Krathong Festival (The Lantern Festival) in Chiang Mai, featuring beautifully illuminated lanterns, which are either carried, or displayed in houses and temples. Capture the highlight during full moon when tens of thousands of paper lanterns (khom loy) are set off into the sky and thousands more candle-lit floats are released along waterways.
In Cambodia, photograph Cambodia’s magnificent Angkor Wat and the famous Bayon in Angkor Thom, the capital city of the Khmer Empire, as well as Ta Prohm. Complete the Quest with a traditional Aspara dance performance.
You will get the best tips, advice and hands-on assistance no matter what level of photographer you are as you travel through stunning landscapes, picturesque ruined cities, glorious temples and markets, while photographing friendly locals and colorful minority hill-tribes.
- Photograph the Black Hamong, Lisu and the famous Karen Long Neck tribe in Northern Thailand
- Photograph the amazing Lantern festival In Chiang Mai
- Photograph sunrise and sunset in Cambodia’s magnificent Angkor Wat
- Photograph the old Capital city of Ayutthaya & Ancient Siam
- Photograph sunset at the floating village of Tonle Sap
- Photograph panoramic views of the city from the Prathat Doi Suthep temple
- Camera settings
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash
- How to tell a story with your images
- How to pose and photograph models
- Digital Workflow using CS6
- How to do night photography