South Africa: Wildlife, Whales and Winelands
10 DAYS // Sept 2 – 13, 2015 // SOLD OUT
Join the founders of PQA for a truly unique South African Quest and experience this amazingly diverse country in luxurious style. Enjoy 5-star hotels and lodges as we track the Big Five on our own private safari through the Sabi Sands Game Reserve adjacent to Kruger National Park. Travel along the continent of Africa’s southern-most coastline to explore colorful port cities, world-renowned wineries, wildlife-rich national parks and endless “bella-vista” landscapes.
South Africa is the ideal destination for those seeking to photograph the "Big Five" - both of land and sea - with the opportunity to experience excellent food and wine and jaw dropping scenery.
South Africa has been called “a world in one country” and for good reason - it truly offers the ideal destination for those seeking variety in their journey to Africa.
- Photograph the world famous breaching great white sharks, whales, nesting penguins, coastal wildlife and scenery
- Photograph the Penguins at Boulders Beach
- Photograph spectacular views of Cape Town from both land and sea
- Photograph Africa’s Big Five during a three day luxury safari (with only three photographers per vehicle)
- Leopards are one of the main attractions in the Sabi Sands. They are accustomed to African safari vehicles and hardly take notice of them giving you unparalleled close-up photography opportunities
- At Grootbos, take a scenic coastal flight, enjoy a private whale watching cruise, dive with great white sharks (from the protection of a steel cage) in Gansbaai and photograph the best land based whale watching in the world
- Camera settings
- Use of filters
- Digital Workflow
- Location lighting: how to use Quadra Packs, soft boxes, reflectors, and gels
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash and multiple flash set ups
- How to tell a story with your images
- Light painting (weather permitting)
- Night photography (weather permitting)