Romania: Orthodox Easter
10 DAYS // APR 26 – May 6, 2016
Discover the natural beauty of Romania for the photography workshop of a lifetime in one of the most interesting countries in the world. Medieval towns and villages dot the countryside of Transylvania. This region of the world has seen many turbulent times, however the people here proudly and openly welcome you to share their history and culture, which seems to have been saved for years. In some parts, horse and carriage are still the main means of transport. The beauty of the hills and mountains are breathtaking. Visit the remote villages of Viscri and Biertan and the medieval towns of Sighisoara and Sibiu, passing through Maramures and Bucovina and stopping at the famous castles of Bran and Sinaia that will be remembered forever.
You are destined to have lasting impressions of Romania’s rich history, striking landscapes, colorful cities and fascinating people. Deanne Fitzmaurice will share her knowledge of photography and support your creativity with her ideas and tips to create narrative and dynamic travel photographs.
- Photograph and meet gypsies in their own community in Transylvania and discover their particular culture and traditional skills
- Photograph and discover the magic and myths of Transylvania in the more remote villages such as Biertan, Viscri and Barsana
- Photograph the Castle of Bran, known as “Dracula’s Castle,” built about 800 years ago when Transylvania was controlled by Hungarian kings
- Take portraits of locals dressed in traditional costumes and be immersed in Romanian folklore and tradition
- Photograph a candlelight mass during the Easter Celebration in Bucovina
- Camera settings for beginners
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash
- How to tell a story with your images
- How to pose and photograph locals