Patagonia with Adam Jones
10 DAYS // Nov 28 – Dec 8, 2016
Join this breathtaking PhotoQuest Adventure led by leader Adam Jones to Patagonia.
In this region shared by Chile and Argentina, Adam will show you how to get the best shots of Patagonia’s stunning panoramic landscapes and diverse wildlife as you explore the Andes at Los Glaciers National Park in Argentina and dramatic peaks in the Torres del Paine National Park in Chile. Explore colossal glaciers, Perito Moreno in Argentina and Grey in Chile’s Torres del Paine.
This itinerary features visits to Patagonia's premier wildlife destinations of Otway Sound (Magellanic penguin rookery), Useless Bay in Tierra del Fuego (for King Penguins) and a sheep shearing show and shepherd dog demonstration at a typical Patagonian sheep farm.
- A remarkable and unique array of flora for the plant enthusiasts, including the Nothofagus beech forests, the southernmost in the world.
- Photograph a great diversity of wildlife, ranging from Andean condor to guanaco, from flamingos to penguins, from puma to dolphins and sea lions.
- Private Photo Sessions with Gauchos and horses in El Chalten and Calafate.
- Photograph sunrise and sunset at Los Glaciares National Park, with its peaks: Fitz Roy (11,073 feet) Cerro Torre, Torre Egger, Aguja Standhardt, Aguja Poincenot, and St. Exupery & Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Photograph Torres del Paine National Park; (450,000 acres) declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO. Sunrise and sunset photography at Sarmiento, Nordenskjold and Pehoe Lakes.
- Camera settings
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash
- How to tell a story with your images
- How to pose and photograph models
- Digital Workflow using CS6