10 DAYS // August 5-15, 2016
Explore and photograph the rich history, exotic cultures and timeless traditions of northern India. Travel with us from Kashmir to Ladak during the Dak-Thok Tse-Chu Festival, an important Buddhist celebration that will offer incredible photo opportunities. Lakeside views, magnificent sunsets, floating markets, verdant greens, authentic Kashmiri cuisine & hospitable locals are just some of the reasons why tourists from all over the globe flock to this "Paradise on Earth."
Join Quest leader Mirjam Evers as she shares her knowledge and helps you to hone your photography skills. Our small group ensures that you will experience one-on-one feedback that will elevate your photography to the next level!
- Travel through some of India’s most brilliant landscapes, with breathtaking views at every turn.
- Photograph the extraordinary scenery in Ladakh: stark and barren, but interspersed with isolated settlements and green oases full of swaying poplar trees, apricot orchards and cultivated farmland.
- Photograph the Dak-Thok Tse-Chu Festival. This Buddhist celebration is famous for its traditional dance ceremonies.
- Photograph Thiksey Monastery, home to more than a hundred monks and one of the largest religious centers in the region.
- Photograph the majestic landscapes of Ladakh at sunset from the Shanti Stupa just outside Leh.
- Enjoy a traditional meal in the home of an Indian family. Dine, then collaborate to capture intimate environmental portraits.
- Marvel at the architectural wonders and appreciate the cultural traditions at centuries-old monasteries.