Kenya: Lake Turkana Festival & Gorillas in Uganda
10 DAYS // May 15 - 26, 2016
The Lake Turkana Festival features unique performances and cultural traditions of at least twelve ethnic tribes: El Molo, Rendille, Samburu, Turkana, Dassanatch, Gabra, Burji, Borana, Konso, Sakuye, Garee and Waata. The presentation of their customs and living conditions, their spectacular traditional costumes, arts and crafts, dances and music is a unique and fascinating experience. Stay at the 5* Desert Rose Lodge for 4 nights and fly by privately chartered plane to the Turkana Festival.
Lake Turkana is the largest desert lake in the world and extends for 288 kilometers up to the Ethiopian / Kenyan border, home to some of the most interesting cultures in the world. This Quest will be a truly exceptional opportunity to photograph a myriad of colorful and fascinating cultures while exploring the Northern Kenya region, an area regarded by many anthropologists as the cradle of humankind. In Lewa we will offer early morning and late afternoon game drive safaris to find and photograph Africa’s big 5 and many other species. Join us on the optional extension to Uganda to photograph Gorillas!
- Optimum photo safari with only 3 guests per vehicle in Land Rovers, with open views on all sides.
- Stunning sunrise and sunset landscape photography opportunities.
- Fly to the Turkana Festival by our own chartered plane. No long drives!
- Stay at Desert Rose Lodge for 4 nights, a Five Star Lodge, while photographing the Turkana Festival.
- Photograph unique performances and cultural traditions of at least twelve ethnic tribes at the Turkana Festival.
- Award-winning safaris with Africa’s most knowledgeable guides.
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash and multiple flash set ups.
- How to tell a story with your images.
- How to pose and photograph locals.