INDONESIA:  YOGYAKARTA & BALI
9 DAYS // MAY 8 - 17, 2017

Customs & Entry Formalities

The allowance into Indonesia is 1 liter of alcohol, 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 100g of tobacco.

Departure Taxes

International and Domestic departure taxes are now included with the cost of tickets.

Religions

Almost 95% of Bali’s population practices Balinese Hindu, with Christians, Buddhist and Muslim making up the remaining 5%. Bali Hinduism has strong animist beliefs and spirits dominate everything they do – their daily lives are taken up with offering fruits and flowers. Every village has several temples and numerous colourful temple festivals take place during the year.

Currency

The unit of Indonesian currency is Rupiah (Rp. Or IDR) which comes in banknotes of 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000 and 100,000 as well coins of 25, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1,000. 

Currency Exchange

Money changing services are available at most banks, hotels and shopping complexes. There are also ample ATM facilities on the island. Banks are open from 8am to noon or 2pm, Monday to Friday. Moneychangers keep longer hours.

Drinking Water

Tap water is not recommended for drinking. Most hotels provide bottled mineral water free of charge (2 bottles per day).

Electricity

Indonesia's voltage is 220V, 50 Hertz

Language

Official language is Bahasa Indonesia, which is similar to Malay, but the Balinese also have their own language which is close to Sanskrit. English is widely understood in tourist areas.

Weather & Climate

Tropical, hot and humid. All year with average daily temperature is 27 C (80 F) in the beach resorts and 23 C (74 F) up in the hills. The rainy season starts from October to March and the lowest humidity reaches 60% from July to September.