India: Nagaland Hornbill Festival
10 DAYS // DEC 1 – Dec 10, 2018
Join PQA and Pullizer winning photographer, Deanne Fitzmaurice, on our new and exciting Photoquest to photograph the unique Hornbill Festival, a vibrant festival celebrating the cultural diversity of the Naga tribes. The Hornbill Festival provides a colorful mixture of dances, performances, parades, games, sports, and religious ceremonies.
The itinerary we've put together not only includes the the festival while staying at a luxury mobile camp, but also a photographic tour of Kolkata, a delight for street photography and a wonderful stay at Kaziranga National Park for elephant and jeep safaris in search of rhinos and tigers, oh my!
The combination of an extraordinary leader, exciting festival, people and wildlife photography make this an unforgettable photography workshop not to be missed.
- Photograph cultural performances by 16 major tribes and many sub-tribes, an integral part of Naga festival
- Create environmental portraits of different tribes in their traditional costumes
- Photograph a traditional fire making competition
- Capture magical images of traditional Spear Target competition
- Photograph at Kaziranga National Park, a beautiful World Heritage Site
- Elephant safari in search of one-horned Rhinos and Tigers
- Optimal wildlife photo opportunities during game drives
- People photography in small local villages
- Diverse street photography in Kolkata
- Photograph the colorful flower markets
- Camera settings
- Use of filters
- Digital Workflow
- Location lighting
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash and multiple flash set ups
- How to tell a story with your images
- How to photograph people