GHANA, TOGO & BENIN: VOODOO FESTIVAL
11 NIGHTS // DECEMBER 30, 2017 - JANUARY 11, 2018
Cost per person
$6200 based on double occupancy.
Single supplements are available for an additional $1250.
- All Visa expenses (Multiple entry to Ghana and Togo, single entry to Benin
- Airport taxes, fuel surcharges and security charges
- Vaccinations, yellow fever immunization, anti-malaria, and prophylaxis (all highly recommended)
- Personal items: beverages, laundry, phone calls, email, souvenirs, etc.
- Hotel accommodations necessitated by changes in air schedules or missed connections.
- Travel protection insurance (highly recommended)
- Transfers airport/hotel/airport
- New Year's Eve Dinner and celebration
- Accommodation at hotels mentioned or similar
- Transportation in a minibus with A/C and 4-WD vehicles
- All visits to sites, villages, monuments
- English speaking guide and local guides at the various villages
- 1 bottle of water per day
- Camera fees at the Festival of Ouidah
Tourist facilities are very limited in the remote regions and small villages we will be visiting. There are few first-class hotels anywhere outside the cities, but rest assured that we always try to book the best possible accommodations. Hotels will be comfortable and clean, but very basic in terms of amenities.
Frequent stops will be made to give us ample opportunity to stroll around villages and markets to see and experience the differences in architecture, dress, and culture among the many tribes in West Africa. Questers should understand that this trip involves long drives in hot and humid weather. The physical shape you are in will be an important factor in your enjoyment of your trip.
The weather is rather hot and humid, and you need to be tolerant to temperatures in the mid 80’s to mid-90's. Moreover, some roads are dirt and this can cause breathing and eye irritation from the dust. By signing up for this Quest, the traveller must accept those challenges and agree to be tolerant, flexible and patient should a delay, detour or inefficiency arise.
It is highly advisable to purchase travel protection insurance.