Finnish Lapland: Northern lights
8 DAYS // Mar 30 – Apr 6, 2016
Nestled within the Arctic Circle, Finnish Lapland provides an endless array of sensational photographic opportunities that are sure to leave any camera enthusiast in awe. With reindeer and huskies meandering through snow-capped fells, boundless star-filled skies across the backdrop of the magnificent Aurora Borealis, and virtually no light pollution, Lapland remains one of the best places in the world to photograph "The Dancing Lady" or the Northern Lights.
Daytime excursions include visits to a Reindeer Farm to photograph the Sami as well as a Husky Farm where we will have the chance to photograph all the work that goes into transforming huskies into sled-dogs and participate in a private 12 km sledding safari as we lead our very own team of huskies.
Other daytime excursions consist of snow mobile drives across the border of Norway, a cocktail break at the world-famous Ice Bar and an unforgettable two night stay in a unique glass igloo. Under the instruction of expert night photographer, Gabriel Biderman, you are sure to capture astonishing images in this unparalleled Northern Lights photography workshop. Join PQA on one of the coolest adventures of a lifetime!
- Maximize your chances of getting great photos of the Northern Lights in the most aurora-active location on the planet. We will go out every night chasing the lights for 4-5 hours or more. We will go to whichever location will give us the best chance of seeing the aurora borealis, and we have many amazing locations to choose from.
- Participate in a Husky Sledding Safari: join a thrilling adventure and lead your own team of huskies. You will be able to take stunning portraits of the Huskies.
- Spend two magical nights in a glass igloo. The glass igloo provides a one of a kind opportunity to admire the Northern Lights and millions of stars in a gorgeous five-star igloo.
- Northern Lights by snow mobile. Head out to wilderness areas where light pollution is low - we will have access to a "Kota" where we can warm up with an open fire place and enjoy drinks
- Enjoy your own bedroom in the luxury cottage
- Meet and photograph a real Sámi and learn about reindeer
- Get tips from Gabriel Biderman to capture outstanding images of the aurora, arctic landscapes and winter wildlife
- No need to buy a parka and boots - you can rent Arctic-weather gear from us so you won’t have to spend a lot of money on a heavy clothing and accessories. All you would need to do is bring layers.
- Camera settings
- Use of filters
- How to photograph the Northern Lights and everything about night photography
- Lightpainting and startrails
- Digital Workflow using Adobe Lightroom 5 and PS
- Portrait lighting techniques using one flash and multiple flash set ups